The following conditions are diagnosed, treated and followed up by the Rheumatology Department:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Inflammatory spondyloarthropathy / Ankylosing spondylitis
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, etc.
Degenerative arthritis, gout and soft tissue rheumatic diseases
- Back Pain
- Regional pain syndromes
- Periarthritis, tendonitis, folliculitis, etc.
Metabolic bone diseases
Systemic autoimmune diseases
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (dermatomyositis, polymyositis)
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Vasculitis (temporal arteritis, Wegener’s granulomatosis, microscopic vasculitis and polyarteritis nodosa)
- Adamantiades-Behcet's disease
- Adult Still's disease
- Mediterranean fever / Periodic fever syndrome
- Retroperitoneal fibrosis
- Retroperitoneal fibrosis
Rheumatic manifestations of other chronic diseases
- Metabolic, endocrine and hematologic disorders
- Neoplastic lesions and paraneoplastic syndromes
- Autoimmune manifestations of cancer immunotherapy
- Interstitial lung disease with autoimmune characteristics
Pregnancy and autoimmune rheumatic diseasesAll necessary clinical and laboratory tests are carried out to ensure safe pregnancy planning and ongoing monitoring for women already suffering from a rheumatic disease.
The Rheumatology Department of IASO General Clinic provides an integrated and well-rounded therapeutic approach to rheumatic autoimmune diseases, depending on the appropriate treatment:
- Local injections at the Outpatient Department (punctures and injections into joints, follicles and soft tissue)
- Intravenous infusions at the one-day clinic by appointment, to patients with corresponding indications (biological agents, cyclophosphamide, bisphosphonates)
- Consultation on hospitalized patients of other specialties and departments
- Rehabilitation program whenever necessary, in cooperation with physiotherapists
- Treatment of patients in cooperation with other specialties if required (Orthopedics, Nephrology, Dermatology, Neurology, etc.)
It works closely with:
- The Hospital’s state-of-the-art Central Labs (Biochemistry, Hematology, Immunology), which support clinical diagnosis and follow-up of the department’s patients, ensuring a digital file is kept for every patient who undergoes tests at IASO
- The Medical Imaging Department, where all the latest imaging tests are carried out (digital X-rays, CT and MRI scans, bone density measurement, etc.)
- The Anatomic Pathology Department, which examines the histology of any bioptic specimens from any organs
- All the other Clinics and Departments to manage co-existing rheumatic diseases or symptoms in patients hospitalized for other conditions (oncology, internal medicine, surgery, etc.).
The Outpatient Rheumatology Department of IASO General Clinic, based in Athens, operates by telephone appointment and on an emergency basis, if possible. Call us for more information or view all available Outpatient Departments here.