The Allergology Department of IASO General Clinic is one of the most specialized centers for the timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases, which definitely affect patients’ quality of life.
It is staffed with specialized medical personnel, who collaborate closely with the following specialties: Internal Medicine, Intensive Care, Pediatrics, Immunology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Otorhinolaryngology, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Surgery, offering patients high-level services pertaining to their comprehensive treatment. The Department treats every case of allergic diseases, which are chronic conditions characterized by flare-ups and remissions, such as anaphylaxis, asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), urticaria/angioedema, other skin allergies, food allergies, drug allergies and insect sting allergies.
Specialized examinations performed at the Department:
- Skin prick testing for inhaled and food allergens and medicines
- Intradermal allergy testing for inhaled allergens and medicines
- Patch testing with foods and medicines
- Provocation tests (foods, medicines, inhaled allergens)
And the following treatments:
- Education (Dietary and environmental guidelines)
- Specific immunotherapy (sublingual and allergen immunotherapy)
- Non-specific immunotherapy (biological factors)
- Desensitization to medicines and certain foods