Medical ImagingDiagnostic Department
IASO is paving the way, having installed the most advanced 3T MRI scanner, the Magnetom Vida. It is the first 3T MRI scanner with BioMatrix Technology for individualized imaging.
It also has the most modern artificial intelligence (AI) system, assisting in pulmonary imaging for lung nodule detection.
The Department is also equipped with a technologically advanced 1.5T MRI scanner, which can perform routine and specialized examinations, such as:
- Conventional MRI scans: Central nervous system, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, musculoskeletal system, soft tissue, children's medical tests
- Gynecological exams: Breast MRI, fast breast MRI
- Heart MRI
- Male-specific examinations: Multiparametric prostate gland MRI for detecting space-occupying lesions
- Magnetic angiography: Brain, neck, pulmonary arteries, abdominal aorta
- Magnetic cholangio-pancreatography
- Fetal MRI
3T Magnetom Vida MRI scanner with BioMatrix Technology
The state-of-the-art MRI Scanner, the only one with biomatrix technology and 228 channels, is used to perform specialized examinations, such as the multiparametric MRI of the prostate gland and pelvis, MRI neurography and enterography, as well as angiographies
without the administration of contrast agent.
The diagnostic possibilities of the 3T MRI scanner include special spectroscopy techniques, functional brain imaging, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) and contrast enhanced perfusion. The specialized imaging techniques of the skull base and neurotology are further fields of expertise.
CT-guided interventional procedures on the breasts are also performed with a special breast coil (biopsies and hookwire biopsies), becoming one of the few centers in Greece with these capabilities.
Its unique technology provides:
- Personalized experience, as the different anatomy of each patient does not affect the scan.
- Reduced scan time (up to 50% for some exams) – for example, a comprehensive ankle scan is concluded in just 10’ and a comprehensive knee scan in just 8’. In addition, a brain scan takes 10’ and an emergency brain scan just 8’
- Greater comfort during most scans, as the patient’s head is outside the scanner
- Reduced noise during the scan
- Top quality images with free breathing, even during cardiac imaging, in one heartbeat, and dynamic liver imaging
- Visualization of arteries and veins in patients who cannot be administered contrast agent
- Optimized image quality in patients with metal implants, through artifact reduction techniques
- Convenient and fast placement of patient by any user and for any type of patient
- Chondropathy investigation prior to the development of morphologic lesions
- Heart function evaluation in all patients, even those with arrhythmias
- Special protocols for pediatric imaging
- Whole-body scans for monitoring cancer patients, with high diagnostic value
- Advanced TWIST dynamic breast imaging technique for more accurate disease staging
It is also the only system that has:
- 514 diffusion directions with highly sensitive diffusion spectrum imaging
- New multi-channel coils for top quality images and faster scans (64-channel head/neck coil, 60-channel body coil, 72-channel spine coil, special 16-channel coil – for the first time ever – for neonates and infants up to 18 months, unique 18-channel coil for excellent 2D and 3D imaging, special 36-channel coil for peripheral angiography).