1st Orthopedic ClinicSurgical Clinics
Call center210 618 4000
Establishment of a specialized Shoulder and Sports Injury Treatment Office
The 1st Orthopedic Department of IASO General Clinic runs a specialized Shoulder and Sports Injuries office, for the diagnosis and treatment of all shoulder conditions.
The treatment office operates in modern facilities with special medical imaging equipment and devices for assessing shoulder function, for the correct diagnosis of all conditions, degenerative ones or injuries. The exams which are performed consist of:
- High-resolution MRI of the shoulder in various positions of the shoulder
- MR arthography
- Dynamic ultrasound of the shoulder
- Ultrasound-guided injections into the shoulder and adjacent nerves
- Dynamic assessment of shoulder mobility with inertial sensors
- Surface Electromyography
The expertise and long experience of the surgical team offer a full range of treatments for patients of all ages, depending on the type and severity of the condition, even in the most complex cases. The Physicians of the 1stOrthopedic Department are at the forefront of the developments in orthopedic techniques and are pioneers in the latest innovative orthopedic surgeries, offering a comprehensive approach to shoulder conditions. The 1st Orthopedic Department, headed by Mr. Christos Yiannakopoulos, Orthopedic Surgeon, Assistant Professor of Functional Anatomy and Sports Medicine at the School of Physical Education and Sport Science of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), has received international recognition and offered important research and educational work.
- The treatment office operates at IASO General Clinic (37-39 Kifissias Ave, Maroussi), Monday-Friday, by appointment.
General Maternity - Gynecology