IASO Children’s Hospital: Scientific One-Day Conference“Early Intervention in high-risk infants between 0 and 12 months of age and the role of subspecialties”
The Scientific One-Day Conference of IASO Children’s Hospital on the topic “Early Intervention in high-risk infants between 0 and 12 months of age and the role of subspecialties” will take place on Saturday, July 1st, 2023, at 09:00 a.m., at IASO Hospital’s Event Hall.
The Conference is organized by the Neurology Department and the Physiotherapy Department of IASO Children’s Hospital, aiming to showcase the Early Intervention program that is being applied at IASO Children’s Hospital, in collaboration with the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and to contribute to the holistic development of high-risk infants with neurodevelopmental disorders.
A special mention will be made with regard to the collaboration and contribution of the Physiotherapist, the Occupational Therapist, the Eating Disorder Specialist and the Speech Therapist in the development and care of infants. In addition, the widely accredited assessment tests for children at high risk for neurodevelopmental disorders, such as the HINE Test and the BAYLEY Test, which are provided by the departments of IASO Children's Hospital, will be presented.
In the context of the Conference, the internationally renowned Professor Veronica Schiariti, Developmental Pediatrician, who has led the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health team of the World Health Organization and established the ICF system, will deliver a speech.
The following topics will be discussed during the Conference:
The importance of Physiotherapy in Early Intervention, in functional disorders during development
- The application of a modified mCIMT protocol in high-risk infants at the “Marietta Xanthou” Infant Center of ELEPAP Athens
- Visual-Motor Coordination (VMC) – The role of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- How early is Early Intervention in feeding
- Functional approach to childhood disability: Beyond diagnosis
- The Neonatologist’s role in the care of high-risk infants
- HINE Scale: The use of the Hammersmith scale in the neurological examination of infants at high risk for Cerebral Palsy
- The contribution of respiratory system care to the neurodevelopmental development of children in the NICU with chronic respiratory problems
- The Physiotherapist’s role in respiratory physiotherapy
- Bayley Test and early psychological family intervention
- The contribution of technology to Early Intervention
- Presentation of ELEPAP Clinical Cases – Infant Center, Department for Early Education and Therapy Intervention
- From Early Intervention to their first year of life – Pediatric physiotherapy at IASO Children’s Hospital
Ms. Antigone Papavasiliou- Syrigou, MD, PhD, FAAP, Neurologist – Pediatrician, Director of the Neurology Department and Mr. Nikolaos Panorios, Physiotherapist, Head of the Physiotherapy Department of IASO Children's Hospital, are the Conference’s Scientific Directors.
The participation and attendance are free of charge and the participants will be able to attend the Conference in person or via IASO Group’s website, at a later time.
For additional information, you may contact us at 210 6383906 (Athina Antzou – Head of IASO Events & Conferences).
You may view the Scientific Program of the One-Day Conference via the following link: https://bit.ly/3MVDKoy
For more journalistic information: Nancy Christopoulou, IASO Group Commercial & Marketing Department, tel.: 210 6383917, E-mail: [email protected]