IASO’s Nursing Administration invites you, the mother to be and your partner or beloved ones, to training classes related to Breastfeeding. We believe that timely and reliable education, encouragement and support will boost your self-esteem and ease any concerns you may have, to facilitate the establishment and preservation of breastfeeding for 6 at least months (according to Unicef and World Health Organization)
- Fetal development – mother-fetus communication
- Childbirth symptomatology
- Childbirth stages
- Myths and Truths about breastfeeding
- The advantages of breastfeeding for the mother and her baby
- What International Organizations say –how IASO supports and promotes their recommendations
- Anatomy –the mechanism of lactation
- Breast-nipples preparation during pregnancy
- The importance of the first skin-to-skin contact, during the first hour after childbirth
- The importance of Rooming in
- Guidance on successful breastfeeding – video projection
- Collection – storage of breast milk
- Information on our hot-line
- Clinic tour
The meetings are held Monday to Friday on the 1st floor of the Clinic, by appointment only. Please call at +30 210 618 4000 to reserve your seat.
The meetings are free of charge and addressed to anyone interested.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is “Rooming in” allowed across all ward classes?
- What if I need help on Breastfeeding after my discharge from the Clinic?
- How can I exclusively breastfeed?
- What if I need psychological support?
- Do I need an escort during night hours?
- When should I declare my baby’s birth at the Birth Declaration Office of the Maternity Clinic?
- What kind of documents do I need to bring?
- What is the discharge procedure?
- What else should I bring?
- Do you reserve patient rooms?
- What are the visiting hours?