The Allergy Department at IASO Children’s Hospital is one of the specialized centers in Greece that provides timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases, which can have a serious impact on the quality of life of the children and their families.
The Allergy Department operates more than 800 outpatient visits annually.
Over the last few years, allergic diseases have reached epidemic proportions, particularly among infants and children. In fact, 1 in 3-4children suffers from at least one allergic condition.
Allergic diseases are chronic inflammatory conditions characterized by flare-ups and remissions, and they include:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Other skin allergies
- Food allergies
- Drug allergies
- Insect sting allergies
- Skin prick testing
- Intradermal testing
- Patch testing with foods, inhaled allergens and drugs
- Provocation tests (foods, drugs, inhaled allergens)
- FENO determonation
Treatments used include:
- Medical Treatment
- Dietary and environmental guidelines
- Specific and non-specific immunotherapy
- Desensitization to drugs and certain foods