IASO General Clinic: World Sexual Health Day – STD Testing Offer
On the occasion of World Sexual Health Day (September 4th), IASO General Clinic, via the motto “Think positive. Test negative”, emphasizes the importance of protection and prevention for maintaining our sexual health, which constitutes a guarantee for maintaining our fertility. PCR testing is the most contemporary method of STD detection worldwide, with an incomparably greater diagnostic accuracy than usual, customary cultures.
IASO General Clinic offers the following packages for Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) testing, at exclusive prices.
- Molecular testing (PCR) for STDs at the preferential price of €35: Testing for Chlamydia, Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma is included.
- Full molecular testing (PCR) Plus for STDs at the preferential price of €90: Testing for Chlamydia, Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma, Gonorrhea, Haemophilus influenzae, Herpes (HSV), Syphilis, Trichomoniasis is included.
- Moreover, the most up-to-date testing regarding HPV infection is carried out at IASO General Clinic. Specifically:
- Molecular testing for HPV infection with detection and typing of 18 high-risk types and 18 low-risk types of the virus with the PCR method and hybridization, at the preferential price of €85.
- Molecular testing of persistent HPV infection with mRNA detection of high-risk HPV oncoproteins, at the preferential price of €83.
- Molecular testing detecting HPV DNA of types 16, 18 and other 12 types with the PCR method, at the preferential price of €83.
The examinations are carried out at IASO Hospital’s -2 floor, Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00 & Saturday 08:00-14:00, without no appointment for women. Regarding sample collection for men, an appointment is required. The offer is valid until 31/10/2023. For additional information, contact the Secretariat of the Central Laboratories, contact numbers: 210 6184001 & 210 6184004.
HPV infection is very common, is transmitted through sexual contact, and it is estimated that 80% of women will come in contact with the virus during their lifetime.
Detection of an HPV infection is achieved by techniques that detect either only high-risk viral DNA, or both low-risk and high-risk viral DNA.
In case of persistent infection, dysplasia or even cancer may develop. The diagnosis of a persistent - integrated infection is made by using a special technique that detects the mRNA of the E6 and E7 oncoproteins of the HPV virus.
The prevention of cervical carcinogenesis or of the effects of STDs is mainly achieved by vaccination during adolescence. The systematic use of condoms and the full screening via a pap test, an HPV test and examinations for STDs constitute the necessary secondary prevention for the HPV virus, as well as for the other STDs.
The contemporary testing method of using the PCR technique achieves the detection of both HPV and most STDs. PCR testing is carried out at IASO Hospital, with an excellent diagnostic accuracy of up to 97%.
For more journalistic information: Nancy Christopoulou, IASO Group Commercial & Marketing Department, tel.: 210 6383917, E-mail: [email protected]