IASO Children’s Hospital: 11th Hybrid Scientific One-Day Conference on “Contemporary Pediatric Issues” under the auspices of the Hellenic Pediatric Academy
The 11th Hybrid Scientific One-Day Conference of IASO Children’s Hospital on the topic "Contemporary Pediatric Issues”, will take place on Saturday, April 8th, 2023, at 09:00 a.m., at IASO Hospital’s Event Hall. Distinguished scientists from the full range of pediatric specialties and subspecialties will participate in the Conference and present interesting and current topics, as well as the new methods applied in pediatric science and practice nowadays.
The following topics will be analyzed during the Conference:
- IASO NICU, 27 Years of Operation
- Newborn hearing screening
- Group A Streptococcus, carriers and infection, where are we now?
- Long Covid in children
- Respiratory tract infections that affected the post-Covid era
- Assessment of chest X-ray in a respiratory tract infection environment, in the post-Covid era
- Chemoprophylaxis in immunocompetent children
- The multiple - complex manifestations of inborn errors of immunity / primary immunodeficiencies
- Diagnostic approach to persistent and relapsing fever
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Management of chronic bronchitis - Focusing on the lower respiratory tract
- The role of nutrition in functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Sleep studies - Which children and when
Within the framework of the Conference, there will be a presentation of interesting cases, on the following topics:
- Kids2Walk, holistic functional rehabilitation program for children with cerebral palsy
- Pediatric Urological Collaboration for the treatment of select surgical problems of children’s genitourinary system – An eight-year experience at the 1st Pediatric Surgery Clinic of IASO Children’s Hospital
- Ovarian tumors – Diagnostic approach and treatment
- Neonate with esophageal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistula, rectal atresia and rectourethral fistula – Repair without stomas, in one surgery
- Extremely rare central craniofacial cleft
The Scientific Director of the Conference is Ms. Theodota Liakopoulou - Tsitsipi, Director of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Service, Director of the 1st Pediatrics Clinic of IASO Children’s Hospital.
The participation and attendance of the Conference is free of charge.
For more journalistic information: Nancy Christopoulou, IASO Group Commercial & Marketing Department, tel.: 210 6383917, E-mail: