Upon your discharge from the Clinic, an assessment is conducted on the progress of both the mother and the baby on Breastfeeding, through a special assessment form. Within the context of this evaluation, it should be confirmed that the mother knows:
- When her baby wants to breastfeed
- How to position her baby correctly on her breast to avoid any pain during breastfeeding
- How to choose a comfortable position to breastfeed
- When her baby swallows
- When her baby is full and if the amount of breast milk is sufficient
- The way to express milk either manually or with a pump
- The correct procedure for collecting and preserving breast milk
- Information on the mechanism of lactation
- When to call for a Pediatrician
Contact number: +30 210 618 4000
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you hold prenatal classes on Breastfeeding?
- Is “Rooming in” allowed across all ward classes?
- How can I exclusively breastfeed?
- What if I need psychological support?
- Do I need an escort during night hours?
- When should I declare my baby’s birth at the Birth Declaration Office of the Maternity Clinic?
- What kind of documents do I need to bring?
- What is the discharge procedure?
- What else should I bring?
- Do you reserve patient rooms?
- What are the visiting hours?