IASO Children’s Hospital’s successful 6th Scientific Study Day
IASO Children’s Hospital’s 6th Scientific Study Day titled “Current Pediatric Issues” held at the War Museum on Saturday 29 April 2017 under the auspices of the Hellenic Academy of Pediatrics was a huge success.
Renowned scientists of all pediatric specialties presented interesting current pediatric issues, new methods applied, as well as the latest advances in the field of Pediatrics while they provided answers to issues of primary concern.
There were a large number of pediatricians attending the Study Day and the speakers-physicians covered all interesting issues related to current Pediatrics in a highly scientific manner.
The Scientist Responsible for the event, Dr Panagiotis Lagos, Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Service, Mr. Emmanouil Diakomanolis, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Athens, Chairman of IASO’s Scientific Board, and Mr. Antonios Vlachousis, 2nd Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD addressed the event and pointed out that IASO Children’s Hospital is the most modern pediatric hospital which provides comprehensive healthcare services comparable to those of pediatric hospitals abroad, employs highly acclaimed physicians of all pediatric specialties, accommodates a state-of-the-art ICU, and observes quality policy of international standards.
In particular, Mr. Antonios Vlachousis spoke of the Centers of Reference at IASO Children’s hospital which, among others, include the Pediatric Cardiac-surgery Clinic – Congenital Heart Defects Center, the Orthopedics Center, the Department of Neurosurgery, the Congenital Vascular Anomalies Center, the new Department of Physiotherapy, the Center of Maxillofacial Surgery, etc. Mr. Vlachousis went further to highlight the upgrade of the Central Labs with a new Robotic System aiming at improving test results time. Concluding, Mr. Vlachousis mentioned the growth of Medical Tourism through the hospitalization of children from abroad in IASO Children’s Hospital, as part of its extension of cooperation plan.
Dr Panagiotis Lagos ended his welcome speech stating: “At IASO Children’s Hospital we are bound by the phrase “Your child’s health is in the best hands”, i.e. we care for what we hold most dear…which for all of us is our children’s health! And this is a very strong commitment which we serve to the best extent possible”
From left: Mesdames and Messrs Nancy Christopoulou, Product Manager at IASO Children’s Hospital, Arsenios Georgiadis, Pediatric surgeon, Chief of the Department of Pediatric surgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Georgios Pergamalis, Pediatric surgeon, Chief of the Department of Pediatric surgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Georgios Tsaousis, Pediatric cardiologist, Chief of the Department of Pediatric cardiology & Hemodynamics Lab at IASO Children’s Hospital, Evaggelos Papandreou, Pediatric surgeon, Chief of the Chief of the Department of Pediatric surgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Eleftherios Protopapas, Cardiac surgeon, Associate to the Pediatric surgery Clinic at IASO Children’s Hospital, Alexandros Vyziotis, Neurosurgeon, Scientific Associate to the Department of Neurosurgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Panagiotis Primikyris, Neurosurgeon, Scientific Associate to the Department of Neurosurgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Spyros Lazarou, Plastic surgeon, Chief of the Departments of Plastic surgery and Craniomaxillofacial surgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Gerhard Friehs, Neurosurgeon, Scientific Associate to the Department of Neurosurgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Vasileios Zerris, Neurosurgeon, Head of the NICU & Scientific Associate to the Department of Craniomaxillofacial surgery at IASO Children’s Hospital, Antonios Vlachousis, Ob/Gyn, 2nd Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD, Dr Panagiotis Lagos, Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Service, Ekaterini Agrafiotou, Pediatrician, Chief of the 2nd Department of Pediatrics at IASO Children’s Hospital
The topics discussed were:
- Tetralogy of Fallot: common cyanotic and curable congenital heart disease – results, surgical correction
- Electrophysiological tests for hearing in children. When and why
- Is cow’s milk harmful to children?
- Vaccinations 2017 – Concerns
- Α. Angular and rotational deformities of the lower limbs in children. Normal orthopedic development stages or pathologic?
Β. Conditions – Spinal deformities in children and adolescents
- Polyvalent Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – A review of its 3.5 years of operation
- Case reports at IASO Children’s Hospital
- Prolonged fever and hepatic nodules: an uncommon manifestation of Crohn’s disease in children
- Acute necrotizing encephalopathy caused by HHV-7 infection
- Aplastic crisis in a child with a history of hereditary spherocytosis caused by parvovirus B19
- Acute renal damage as a complication to gastroenteritis
- Endosseous fistula in the temporal region
- Two rare anomalies in the anorectal region
- Ischiorectal fistula without rectal atresia
- Double anal canal
- Co-existence of two distinct malignant tumors in the same ovary in 6-year-old girl
- Severe constipation in a 7-month-old infant with congenital heart disease
- Giant bile duct cyst: prenatal diagnosis. Management
- Rectal atresia combined with D.S.D of the vulva
- Peritoneal catheter exiting the colon: a rare complication of abdominoperitoneal bypass for the treatment of posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus in a 1-year-old infant
- Restoration of facial nerve paralysis in children
- Patient with pits in the upper and lower lips (1 in every 100,000 childbirths). Presentation and restoration
- Neuroendocrinology and STRESS management
- FPIES (Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome)
- Stridor in the preschool child and pediatric asthma
- Neonatal to adolescent acne
- Evidence-based nursing management of fever in hospital setting Nursing assessment of the febrile child
- Fever phobia: Myth or Reality?
- Up-to-date data in the management of the febrile child
- Informing parents on how to manage fever at home
For more information, please contact Ms Nancy Christopoulou, Department of Commercial Management at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3917 & 650 2853, E-mail: [email protected] & Ms Mariza Kamilari, Department of Commercial Management – Division of Marketing at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3949, E-mail: [email protected]