3rd Workshop “Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases and Pregnancy”
Titled “Rheumatology meets other specialties in the field of pregnancy” and for the third consecutive year, the Workshop “Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases and Pregnancy” is being held on Saturday 18 March 2017 at 10:00 am, in the Events Hall of IASO Clinic (37-39 Kifissias Avenue, Maroussi). The Workshop is organized by IASO’s Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases and Pregnancy Clinic and IASO General’s Department of Rheumatology.
The aims of the Workshop include: 1) educating both patients and physicians that procreation for male and female patients suffering from an autoimmune rheumatic disease is feasible – provided certain requirements are met, and 2) achieving effective communication and cooperation among the medical specialties involved in the field of pregnancy.
The Workshop aims at raising medical and public awareness, while stressing the need for cooperation among physicians and always in a man-centered way!
The event shall host renowned speakers of various medical specialties who are highly clinically interested in the field.
Topics to be discussed at the Workshop:
- Immunology of pregnancy
- The role of Maternal-Fetal Medicine in autoimmune rheumatic diseases
- High-risk pregnancy and the rheumatologist
- IVF and autoimmunity
- Autoimmune – alloimmune diseases and Recurrent pregnancy loss
- The role of phospholipids in pregnancy
- Urinalysis evaluation in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus during pregnancy
- Common orthopedic problems in pregnancy
- Pregnancy and diabetes mellitus type Ι
- The significance of U/S in autoimmune rheumatic diseases in pregnancy
- Vaccinations and passive immunization in pregnant women with autoimmunity
- Are vaccinations safe and effective?
- Pregnancy and autoimmune thyroid conditions
- Medication and pregnancy in autoimmune rheumatic diseases
Attendance and participation in the event are free of charge and all attendees shall receive their certificate of participation.
For more information, please contact Ms Mariza Kamilari, Division of Conferences & Events at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3949, E-mail: [email protected]
For more press information, please contact Ms Nancy Christopoulou, Department of Commercial Management at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3917, 2106502853, E-mail: [email protected]