The successful 5th Scientific Study Day organized by IASO Children’s Hospital
The 5th Scientific Study Day of IASO Children’s Hospital titled “Current Pediatric Issues” on Saturday 23 April 2016, held at the Royal Olympic Hotel, under the auspices of the Hellenic Academy of Pediatrics, was a huge success.
Renowned scientists covering the entire spectrum of pediatric specialties, presented current pediatric issues, new methods applied, as well as all the latest developments in the field of Pediatrics, and provided answers to crucial questions.
The large number of the attending pediatricians witnessed the scientific coverage of all interesting issues pertaining to current Pediatrics by the speakers-physicians.
The issues discussed were:
- Preschool wheezing and pediatric asthma
- The contribution of endoscopy in the diagnosis of congenital laryngeal and tracheal anomalies in children
- The Greek National Immunization Program 2016
- Characteristics and particularities of infants' and children's skin
- Cephalalgias – Migraines and Migraine variants
- Systemic manifestations in autoimmune diseases:
- Eye and autoimmune diseases
- Blood disorders in autoimmune diseases
- The latest developments in the field of Pediatric-rheumatology
- Winter 2015-2016 influenza season
- The new polyvalent ICU at IASO Children’s Hospital: Results-Potentials
- Pediatric cardiac-surgery problems: Emergency and elective treatment
- Symptoms and clinical signs of surgically treated digestive tract diseases
- Abdominal pain
- Voiding dysfunctions (Constipation – Diarrhea)
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in a child, following immunization with the measles-mumps-rubella-varicella (MMRV) vaccine
- Endometrial kidney rupture
- Management of extensive facial and cervical venous malformation in a 4-year-old child
- Case report: Severe cranial compression due to craniosynostosis, causing “Luckenschadel skull”, Chiari malformation and extensive syringomyelia
- Neuroendoscopic management of an emergency case of intracranial hypertension due to arachnoid cyst
- Three cases of retroperitoneal tumors as incidental findings in asymptomatic patients examined at the Regular Department of Ultrasound
- Parotid tumor in an 11-year-old boy
- Multiple ventricular septal defects (VSDs): therapeutic approach of two ventricles
The Scientist Responsible for the event, Dr Panagiotis Lagos, Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Services, Mr Emmanouil Diakomanolis, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Athens, Chairman of IASO’s Scientific Board and Mr. Charalambos Mameletzis, 1st Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD, addressed a warm welcome and pointed out that IASO Children’s Hospital, through the provision of high quality healthcare services, ranks first among all pediatric clinics in Greece.
From left to right: Mesdames and Messrs. Nancy Christopoulou, Product Manager at IASO Children’s Hospital, Ioanna Mparmpounaki, Deputy Chief of the Department of Pediatrics at IASO Children’s Hospital, Charalambos Mameletzis, 1st Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD, Antonios Vlachousis, 2nd Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD, Artemis Gkika, Pediatric-neurologist, Associate to IASO Children’s Hospital, Efthymia Kalampouka, Pediatrician, Associate to IASO Children’s Hospital
For more press information, please contact Ms Nancy Christopoulou, Department of Commercial Management at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3917, E-mail: [email protected] & Ms Mariza Kamilari, Department of Commercial Management – Department of Marketing at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3949, E-mail: [email protected]