Services and Surgeries Free of ChargeBack to Corporate Social Responsibility
Medical Mission at Spetses!
IASO General Clinic & IASO Children’s Hospital, through IASO Group’s “By Yours Side” program carried out the 1st Medical Mission at Spetses island, from April 1st to 3rd, 2022, performing medical and diagnostic examinations to the residents of the island. 387 residents were examined and 1,354 medical examinations were carried out.
12 doctors, of 10 different specialties participated in the mission, namely Messrs. and Mses.:
- Marios Gialampoukidis, Internist, Director of the 1st Internal Medicine Clinic, IASO General Clinic
- Antonis Keramopoulos, Gynecologist-Breast Surgeon, Assistant Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Athens, Director-Coordinator of the 1st IASO Breast Clinic, IASO Maternity Clinic
- Dimosthenis Baltas, Gynecologist-Breast Surgeon, Director of the 1st IASO Breast Clinic, IASO Maternity Clinic
- Varvara Skia, Pediatric ENT, Director of the ENT Department, Scientific Associate of the Audiology Department of IASO Children’s Hospital
- Ilias Eleftheriadis, Interventional Cardiologist, Director of the Cardiology Clinic, IASO General Clinic
- Christos Giannakopoulos, Orthopedist, Director of the 1st Orthopedics Clinic, Head of the Specialized Shoulder and Sports Injury Treatment Office, IASO General Clinic
- Dimitris Dandakis, Gastroenterologist, Director of the 1st Gastroenterology Clinic of Interventional Endoscopy, IASO General Clinic
- Aristeidis Kerasotis, Endocrinologist, Director of the Endocrinology – Diabetes – Osteoporosis Department, IASO General Clinic
- Stelios Mastorantonakis, Internist, Attending Doctor of the 1st Internal Medicine Clinic, IASO General Clinic
- Elisavet Saridou-Bechraki, Diagnostic Radiologist, Medical Imaging Department, IASO General Clinic
- Maria Milia, Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Scientific Associate of the Ophthalmology Department, IASO Children's Hospital
- Eleni Boumpa, ENT, Attending Doctor of the ENT Clinic, IASO General Clinic
Medical Mission at Sifnos!
The medical team that offered as much as possible with zest and smiles consisted of Messrs. and Mses.:
- Nikitas Skliros, Internist, Director of the 2nd Internal Medicine Clinic, IASO General Clinic
- Maria Kalantzi, Cardiologist, Head of the Cardiac MRI Department, Cardiology Clinic, IASO General Clinic
- Apostolos Champipis, Orthopedist, Attending Doctor of the 1st Orthopedics Clinic, Specialized Shoulder and Sports Injury Treatment Office, IASO General Clinic
- Dimitrios Nasikas, Breast Surgeon, Attending Doctor of the 2nd Breast Clinic, IASO Maternity Clinic
- Romina Alevizou, Breast Surgeon, Attending Doctor of the 2nd Breast Clinic, IASO Maternity Clinic
- Vasilis Ntrinias, Pediatric ENT, Director of the Pediatric ENT Department, Scientific Associate of the Audiology Department of IASO Children's Hospital
- Evgenia Papadima, Pediatric ENT, Attending Doctor of the ENT Department, IASO Children's Hospital
- Ioannis Nikolopoulos, Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Scientific Associate of the Pediatric Ophthalmology Department of IASO Children's Hospital
- Evdokia Papacharalampous, Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Scientific Associate of the Pediatric Ophthalmology Department, IASO Children's Hospital
Many thanks to all the members of both missions for their participation and their contribution! We support and help people who live in remote areas and do not have access to basic medical services, reaching even further each time. The love and gratitude we received from the residents of the islands is our driving force to continue our actions, with the sole aim of improving the health of our fellow human beings.
Because your health is for us the Alpha & the Omega!
Coeurs pour Tous Hellas
IASO Children's Hospital contributes to the remarkable work of the humanitarian organization “Coeurs pour Tous Hellas”, offering every year pro bono surgeries, interventional cardiology operations and other necessary examinations, in order to ensure that these hearts will continue to beat loudly with laughter, joy and hugs, moments full of games and happiness!
- Free covid-19 tests for the staff and children of Non-Governmental Organizations. as well as sports teams
- On the occasion of the Movember movement, IASO General Clinic takes care of men's health and offers ten checkups in the state-of-the-art Check-up department, through a contest on its Facebook and Instagram pages.
- In 2021, IASO Children’s Hospital offered 42 pediatric checkups through contests on Facebook and Instagram.
- Ark of the World: Free-of-charge surgery for hydronephrosis on a 4-month-old infant, by Dr. Christos Chiotinis, Director of the Pediatric Surgery Department of IASO Children's Hospital
- In 2021, IASO continues to offer Pro Bono Breast Surgeries to Vulnerable Groups. The action takes place within the framework of the Corporate Social Responsibility program "By Your Side". The Chairman of IASO Group’s Board of Directors, Dr. G. Stamatiou stated: "IASO Hospital, aiming at the provision of the best care for women, has created the largest and most modern Breast Center in Greece. We are always by women’s side, even if they face difficulties, to offer them the best possible treatment."
- IASO General Clinic offers 10 free-of-charge thyroid surgeries per year in the Thyroid Surgery Department.
- IASO celebrated its 25 years of operation and offered 10 free-of-charge childbirths for the first time - the biggest gift from the largest Maternity Hospital in Europe.
- IASO Children’s Hospital offered a free SARS CoV-2 RNA (PCR) (covid-19) test for the children of families in need.
- On the occasion of International Celiac Disease Awareness Day, IASO Group with its Corporate Social Responsibility Program “By Your Side" embraces the Hellenic Coeliac Society with the aim of meeting patients’ needs in high-level health services, in order to ensure a better quality of life for them.
- Conducting free thrombophilia screening for members of the organization "Exelixi Zois” (Life Evolution)
World Children's Day
On the occasion of World Children's Day (December 2019) and within the framework of the comprehensive Corporate Social Responsibility program "By Your Side", administrative and nursing staff visited the organizations "The Smile of the Child", "Ark of the World", "SOS Children's Villages of Vari", "Doctors of the World" and "Child’s Heart" and vaccinated more than 350 children and adults, ensuring a healthy winter. Once again, we admired the bravery and spontaneity of children, their warm smiles as well as the many kisses they gave us. The mission of IASO Children’s Hospital continues for even more healthy children and countless smiles.
- IASO, with the aim of taking care and protecting the women’s health during pregnancy, offered vaccination against the flu to 80 pregnant women who had their scheduled checkup at the Fetal Medicine Department of IASO Hospital, such as nuchal translucency, 2nd trimester ultrasound, fetal Doppler, Biophysical Profile Score. The vaccination was performed easily, quickly and at no cost, by the specialized nursing staff of IASO Hospital.
- On the occasion of Breast Cancer Prevention and Awareness Month, IASO organized the "MAST-DO" campaign in October 2018. Its aim was to raise awareness among women about the need for annual mammograms, while offering three options for breast screening at exclusive prices.
- IASO and IASO Children’s Hospital undertook all deliveries and pediatric examinations for those affected by the flood in Mandra, free of charge, until the end of August 2018.
- IASO, on the occasion of the celebration of its 20 years of operation and Mother's Day, offered for the first time 5 Free Childbirths, in a single-bed room, through a contest on Facebook.
- On the occasion of the celebration of IASO’s 20 years of operation and World Fertility Day, the Assisted Reproduction Unit Institute of Life – IASO offered 5 free cycles of IVF, through a contest on Facebook.
- IASO provided free care to women in need who were about to give birth at the request of the Family Support Center of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens.
- IASO provided significant discounts and benefits to special groups who are severely tested by the financial crisis, such as the long-term unemployed people, those who have many children, in collaboration with the Hellenic Association of Large Families, people with special needs, as well as university and technical university students.
- IASO responded to requests from Non-Governmental Organizations, such as The Smile of the Child and SOS Children's Villages, for the hospitalization and treatment of children, as well as to requests from political, municipal and church authorities.
- IASO provided free care to women in need who were about to give birth (in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Athens and local metropolises), to fellow human beings who live in remote or affected areas, as well as to large families, in collaboration with the Hellenic Association of Large Families.
- It conducted free-of-charge examinations for women-members of the Confederation of Multi–Child Parents of Greece, for children with special needs, students of the National School of Dance (KSOT) and for members of the National Opera.
- IASO was a sponsor of the Unesco Dodecanese Group, carrying out completely free-of-charge childbirths, laboratory/diagnostic tests and surgeries, medically supporting women in need of the remote islands of the Dodecanese. In addition, it sponsored Unesco Group's charm of the year, consisting of two replicas of archaic coins from the 4th century BC.