4th Course on "Clinical Cardiotocography & Fetal Monitoring" of the Swedish Entity "Landstingens Ömsesidiga Försäkringsbolag, LöF"MATERNITY - GYNECOLOGY
The 4th Course on "Clinical Cardiotocography & Fetal Monitoring" of the Swedish Entity "Landstingens Ömsesidiga Försäkringsbolag, LöF", will take place on October 7th & 8th, 2022, at the IASO Events Hall. The Seminar is organized in the context of the Scientific Program organized by IASO and the 2nd Obstetrics-Gynecology Clinic of the "Aretaieio" University Hospital.
It constitutes one of the leading educational programs worldwide in the field of cardiotocography and clinical recommendations for the safe completion of labor. Moreover, it completes a very basic aspect in the training of Greek obstetricians-gynecologists, midwives and pediatricians-neonatologists, which is the regular, continuous training in the objective of monitoring the fetus, both before and during labor and the well-grounded decision-making.
The Course includes interactive Training in 2 stages:
2. Practical Part: Two-day Seminar, 4 workstations with hands-on training on manikins, videos, lectures, interactive training on actual clinical cases.
1. Nine (9) theory chapters with a multitude of images, figures, animations and presentation - analysis of many actual clinical cases.
2. One (1) interactive training chapter having a full cardiotocography recording of more than 80 actual clinical cases and clinical decision-making in the form of multiple-choice questions.
It is addressed to:
1. Specialized Obstetricians – Gynecologists / Pediatricians – Neonatologists
2. Obstetrics - Gynecology / Pediatrics – Neonatology Residents
Final certification will be sent via email to your personal account.
International Certification (optional):
Final certification exams (online in Greek) immediately after the end of the Course.
1st Prize - Award
A week of practical training (fellowship) in the delivery room of Skåne University Hospital, Sweden (Skånes universitetssjukhus, SUS). Accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by the Program.
Upon completion of the online training and after attending the seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the physiology of the fetal heart rate and the pathophysiological background of cardiotocographic alterations
2. Recognize the different cardiotocographic patterns and categorize the cardiotocography according to the proposed classification
3. Make clinical labor management decisions based on the classification
4. Be trained in the principle of operation and the indications for the use of supplementary methods of monitoring the fetus during labor
5. Have lifelong access to the online training platform, through biennial re-certification, ensuring their continued training in the field of cardiotocography and fetal well-being monitoring methods during labor
6. Be informed immediately about all the latest developments in the field of cardiotocography and in general about the methods of monitoring the fetus both before and during labor