The IASO Endoscopy Department is fully operational offering premium healthcare services for diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal and pulmonary conditions.
It is staffed by specialists with excellent scientific track record and long experience as well as highly trained nursing staff, and features cutting-edge diagnostic technology, covering the entire range of conditions.
The state-of-the-art unit has three endoscopy suites, which fully meet the strict European quality, safety and disinfection standards. It can perform the following gastrointestinal procedures:
- Diagnostic endoscopy of the digestive tract, such as gastroscopy with biopsy sample collection and colonoscopy/endoscopy of the lower digestive tract up to the terminal ileum with biopsy sample collection
- The entire range of scheduled or non-invasive endoscopy procedures of the digestive system, such as endoscopic polypectomy of stomach and large intestine polyps, endoscopic placement of percutaneous gastrostomy, esophageal, duodenal and large intestinal stent placement, dilation of digestive tract stenοsis with water balloons, endoscopic ligation of esophageal varices, cauterization of digestive tract angiodysplasias and anorectal condylomas using APC, placement of gastric balloons for obesity treatment, endoscopic treatment of Barrett's esophagus
- Treatment of gastrointestinal emergencies, such as endoscopic hemostasis of gastrointestinal hemorrhaging and endoscopic removal of foreign objects
- Therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) for the treatment of benign and malignant biliary and pancreatic conditions
- Diagnostic and interventional applications of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) of the mediastrinum, esophagus, stomach, hepatobiliary system, pancreas and anorectal area
The IASO Endoscopy Department now uses new Artificial Intelligence (AI) software, becoming one of the first departments in Greece and Europe equipped with such groundbreaking technology. Find out more about AI in Gastroenterology here.
The Bronchoscopy department, with up-to-date, high-tech equipment, special workplace layouts with ergonomic design and independent ventilation per room, covers all sterile and safe bronchoscopies’ standards, especially during Covid-19.
Bronchoscopies are performed by experienced Pulmonologists and cover the complete range of indications:
- Simple bronchoscopy for detailed and complete monitoring of bronchial tree, collection of biopsy sample (endobronchial and transbronchial), collection of cytology sample and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL).
- Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy (EBUS) enables monitoring and classification of mediastinum lymph nodes or/ and primary lesions.
- Fiducial placement for cyber-knife.
- Surgical/ therapeutic bronchoscopies for airway clearance, tumour tissue (neoplasm) and foreign body removal, endobronchial or endotracheal stent placement.
All endoscopic procedures are painless and are performed under anesthesia, with the administration of intravenous sedation, which is extremely safe and ensures the quality of the examination.
The Department has its own reception and cashier, with the aim of concluding all cases immediately.
1st Gastroenterology Clinic
Directors: Ioannis Tyrpas, Dimitrios Dandakis
2nd Gastroenterology Clinic
Director: Nikolaos Anyfantis
Scientific Responsible: Elisavet Passalidou, Pulmonologist
Partner: Nikos Zias, Pulmonologist